I was recently asked to write a few words about my work for a local zine and ended it with a few bits of advice:
- Stick to deadlines and keep in constant communication with the client.
- Always consider every opportunity, as you never know what it could lead to.
- Don't undersell yourself, as you've got a unique gift and people should respect that.
- Try and have fun, even if your working on a brief which isn't tremendously exciting!
- Make time for yourself and for your friends... sometimes going to a gig or reading a book can refocus your head before getting stuck back into a project.
In other news, I recently did this little drawing for a friend's new zine called COLLARBONE, which is out this Spring.